Wednesday, April 21, 2021

The Road To Seattle...

Montana was a great place to take respite from the road. 

Not only did I get to visit Little Big Horn, but I got to see my old friend Chris. Chris and I met in San Diego back in 1989/1990 and became fast friends. I ended up joining his band (Chris played bass) and, while I think we only ever played two gigs, it was a lot of fun. I'd last seen Chris and his two sons back in 2013. Nick and Matt are both grown now, and Chris is a grandfather.

Crazy.

The drive from Missoula, Montana to Seattle was a tad on the long side, but the weather was great and I never really paid much attention to how much time it was taking. I was, however, paying attention to how many photos I wasn't taking, and I wanted to change that.

Enter the 50,000 Silver Dollar Inn:

 

The 50,000 Silver Dollar Inn in Haugan, Montana...


The name describes exactly what it is. On the walls of the gift shop and the bar/restaurant  are over 50,000 silver dollars in individual coin sleeves. In fact, talking to the woman at the sales counter, there are actually over 70,000 of them, all sent to them by customers and friends:

 


Some of the silver dollars on display...


Along with the silver dollars on the wall, the 50,000 Silver Dollar Inn also boasts a restaurant and what they claim is the largest gift shop in the state of Montana:

 

Largest gift shop in Montana? Perhaps...

 

I finally made it to my daughter's in late afternoon. I-90, by and large, is a great drive, if not a seemingly really long one. There's plenty to see and do along the way and, if you decide to ever tackle it, be sure to give yourself enough time. You'll be glad you did...


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Final Hours...

The final hours in Seattle were fun, low voltage and relaxing. Jess and I have learned not to plan minute by minute and having everything la...