Friday, May 1, 2015

Making Preparations: 18454...

Well, it's May 1st, and that was the date I picked to commence preparations for my summer trip.

I'm heading back to a gig I had two years ago, following the epic cross-country drive. I'll be shooting at Camp Poyntelle Lewis Village in Poyntelle, Pennsylvania. The town literally doesn't even have a stop light, and I think it has a total of two stop signs. The camp is a Jewish summer sleep-away camp about an hour south of Binghamton, New York. It was more than a little bit out of my comfort zone two years ago, but I'm far more comfortable with the gig now. I visited last year, and was taken aback by how many people, both staff and campers, asked me if I was going to come back this year.

Well, the answer to that would be a resounding "yes".

The 69 acre lake at Camp Poyntelle. I took this the first morning I was at the camp in 2013...

Before actually arriving in Poyntelle, though, I'm going to take some time driving. I'm going to make a right at some point, off of I-95, and head over to Wilmington, North Carolina. My old drummer lives there, as does another friend. I would love to see both of them.

Next, there may be some stops near the Chesapeake Bay and the Baltimore area. At some point I'll end up on Long Island, where there are more than just a few people I want to see and spend some time with. I'm pretty sure a trip into Manhattan might be on the agenda, too. I'd like to spend a week on the Island if I can swing it.

Then it'll be up to the summer gig on June 21.

But, for now, the fun begins. The next month will be comprised of lists and shopping and packing and shopping for what I didn't have on hand to pack the first time and then more lists to weed out the stuff I never should've packed in the first place.

Should be a good time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Final Hours...

The final hours in Seattle were fun, low voltage and relaxing. Jess and I have learned not to plan minute by minute and having everything la...