Saturday, June 1, 2013

Hurry Up And Wait!

Of course, the one dark cloud on this trip has been my transmission. Honest to God, I've never heard a sound like that emanate from a motor vehicle before. It was horrid. So, budgeted for or not, it had to get taken care of. Chris knew of a mechanic in town, a block from the Bum Steer, who he highly recommended.
 
I got the truck down there on Wednesday. They got a rebuilt transmission ordered, and it arrived on Friday. When it came in, Brent (the owner) and Wayne got to work. I was confident they would get me back on the road.
 
 
This is my old transmission. I won't identify the last shop that worked on it, but they jerry-rigged some stuff which, thankfully, never failed. But even I could tell that it was piss poor workmanship...

The new transmission...

Brent Sharp, the owner of Sharp Automotive, works on my truck...

Wayne and Brent examine the new transmission fluid...
 
Brent and Wayne of Sharp Automotive. Highly, highly recommended...
 
Wayne originally told me that they would have the truck done before they closed Friday, May 31. When I stopped by the shop before heading out to do laundry, they told me that they were staying until it was done, regardless of how late it was. They had it done by 6:00pm, but their willingness to do absolutely everything they'd need to in order for me to get back on the road, well, I can't begin to express my appreciation for that.
 
So, I'll bring this short entry to a close by saying that I hope you never, ever find yourself broken down in Florence, Montana. But, if you do, go see these guys. They're totally pro, and really know how to take care of a customer.
 
So, to Brent and Wayne, THANKS!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Final Hours...

The final hours in Seattle were fun, low voltage and relaxing. Jess and I have learned not to plan minute by minute and having everything la...