Wednesday, June 26, 2013

GET ON WITH IT!!!

I gotta' be honest, man. I would've bet my last nickel that I'd have been waaaay behind the blogging power curve before I even made it into the Central Standard Time zone. As it is, though, it looks like it happened only after arriving in Pennsylvania.
 
The new gig's got me hopping pretty heavily, and I'm shooting anywhere between 350 and 700 frames a day, depending on the day. This doesn't allow for much time to devote to the blog, but I'll do what I can to get it back on track before much longer.
 
I will say that the new gig, despite the high level of shooting, is going really well, and the folks who are signing the checks seem genuinely impressed. This is a good thing.
 
For those who don't know, I'm spending seven weeks as the photographer for a summer camp in northeastern Pennsylvania. Six months ago, I never would've called this one, but here I am. The camp is pretty large, with a 69 acre lake, and it's divided up between younger kids and older kids. When we were discussing logistics, there was some back and forth over whether or not I would have bestowed upon me the keys to one of the spare few golf carts. The sheer size of this place dictates that the job simply wouldn't get done without one, and I'm glad that the powers-that-be recognized that.
 
I've got the next "travel segment" of the blog in the works, and I promise (well, maybe that's too strong a word) to get it finished up and posted. In the meantime, thanks for hangin' on!


This is my main set of wheels these days. And it's quick...

And this is where I work. Life could be worse...



No comments:

Post a Comment

The Final Hours...

The final hours in Seattle were fun, low voltage and relaxing. Jess and I have learned not to plan minute by minute and having everything la...