Thursday, June 25, 2020

Covid Road Trip - East to Ohio...

The drive from South Bend, Indiana to Wooster, Ohio would be the shortest leg of this entire trip. Even still, I was hoping to come across some photo ops along the way, and I'm happy to report that I did. exactly that. There weren't many of them, but they were there.

Driving across Indiana and into Ohio reminded me a lot of upstate New York. Every once in a while you'll come across a city of some size but, for the most part, it's small towns dotting the highways along the way. There's a charm about these that no big city could ever hope to match.


A barn somewhere east of South Bend, Indiana...

I actually saw this same graphic on a barn during my cross country drive in 2013...

I don't think I've seen a real drive-in movie theater since I left San Diego in 2012. I haven't exactly been looking for them, mind you, but it's always a bit surprising when one pops up. Everything about this one, the "Star View Drive-In" screams nostalgia to me.

And I still want to see "Call Of The Wild":




You're not likely to see one of these in any of your big cities...

As I said, the drive wasn't uncomfortably long, but I was certainly ready for some sleep when I got to Wooster. There'd be a whole lot more shooting to do over the next few days, and I was certainly looking forward to it...

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Final Hours...

The final hours in Seattle were fun, low voltage and relaxing. Jess and I have learned not to plan minute by minute and having everything la...