Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Covid-19...

Well, it's been right about two months since I attended CPAC, and that was my last blog entry.

Since that time, of course, the world has changed a little bit. The coronavirus, Covid-19; call it what you will, has impacted every aspect our lives in every corner of the globe. The virus has impacted life on six of seven continents. It's literally everywhere.

However, I'm not one of the "doomsday" types. Much to my daughter's chagrin I haven't done a great deal of social distancing and I haven't been wearing a mask when I go out. I have one, mind you, but I only wore it once, for this picture to show people that I had a mask:



I guess I should wear it more often and, who knows, maybe I'll start. Or maybe I won't. It's hear if I need it, and I've actually been thinking of buying more.

Of course, there's been no work. All of my college shoots evaporated, the magazine actually opted to not publish for the first time ever, and future photo shoots are only looking like glimmers of hope on the horizon.

So, for fun, I decided that I was going to shave and then not shave again until I can walk into a bar and order a Martini. This is what it looked like when I started on April 5:





And this is how it looks as of April 29:





Florida's Governor, Ron DeSantis, has started his three-phase re-opening of Florida. We're in the midst of Phase 2 at the moment, which allows bars to open as long as they're selling food. It's actually a pretty convoluted thing and, so far as I can tell, no two establishments are doing this the same way, so it goes without saying that a lot of people are doing it wrong. That said, the authorities aren't being real bullish about it, though, as they don't really seem to have it all figured out, either.


Oh, and here's me today, May 12:



Thinking about it, I may decide to leave the beard for a while. While I've had a goatee almost on-stop since since 2004, I haven't had a full beard since 2003 and, frankly, it's kinda' fun.

It's funny how easily you can be entertained during a lock-down...

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Final Hours...

The final hours in Seattle were fun, low voltage and relaxing. Jess and I have learned not to plan minute by minute and having everything la...