Wednesday, October 31, 2018

New Name, New Focus, Same Old Curmudgeony Traveler...

Well, as you can see, the blog has a new name. I liked "The Beaten Path", but the reality is that it didn't quite fit the direction that I want the blog to take.

About 15 years ago, I started traveling pretty extensively. I was what the TSA refers to as an "experienced flyer". I learned a lot of tricks; what to do, what not to do, and how to make your trip, be it in the sky or on the ground, go smoothly.

Much of my travel was business related. Being the Canadian Regional Sales Manager for Taylor Guitars meant that I was flying half a dozen times a month and then, once I got there, I was driving pretty extensively. I was staying in hotels. I was dining out. I was renting cars and paying for gas, all on an expense account. That meant I had to keep pretty meticulous records regarding what I spend and what I did.

I'm still traveling, but it's primarily for leisure nowadays. The occasional photo job might require some travel but, for the most part, I'm traveling for fun and I'm loving it.

So, the point of this blog will slowly, but ever so surely, shift to one of sharing travel tips, destinations, do's and don'ts, etc. "The Beaten Path", I often said, was little more than a self-indulgent ego stroke. "Great Big Open Road" aims to be more than that.

If you'd like, you can follow me on Instagram and Twitter. I'll also, eventually, get a Facebook page set up, as well.



If you find this page helpful, let me know! If you have travel suggestions you'd like to share, send them along and I'll get them posted and properly attribute the tips!

So, let's see if this little endeavor pans out!


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Final Hours...

The final hours in Seattle were fun, low voltage and relaxing. Jess and I have learned not to plan minute by minute and having everything la...