Sunday, August 5, 2018

And The Countdown Continues...

In less than 48 hours, we'll have already boarded our flight from Jacksonville, Florida to Chicago, Illinois, en route to Dublin, Ireland. Everything has been confirmed; flights, seat selections, hotel reservations, all of it. Now it's just a matter of packing.

First up for me is the camera bag. I won't be using it between now and the time we leave, so I might as well get it as packed up as I can. All I'll need to pack into it Tuesday morning will be my computer.

The weather is supposed to be, well, a bit wet. Unfortunately, there's no way to prepare for the weather when you start planning your trip three months in advance. So, you've just got to roll with the punches and hope for the best.


It did not look this way in the brochure...

Now, as that as that may look, it bears pointing out that only two days ago there was a lot more in the way of sunshine in the forecast. Four days ago it looked like it does now. Consequently, I think the only thing we can really conclude with 100% accuracy is that we don't really know what the weather's going to be like. We're also going to be taking trips outside of Dublin so, with any luck, we'll find some nice weather somewhere along the way. Or maybe it'll find us. Either way I think I'd better bring a jacket.

So, this is it until after we touch down in Dublin. Everything that can be done has been done. All that's left to do now is go on vacation.

Feicfidh mé go luath thú...


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Final Hours...

The final hours in Seattle were fun, low voltage and relaxing. Jess and I have learned not to plan minute by minute and having everything la...