Thursday, May 11, 2017

Rochester - Part 1

Rochester is always fun. I've been here a number of times and I've enjoyed every single visit. Past visits, though, had been filled with a lot of mindless this and that and nothing of too much importance. 

This trip would be different.

Friday night would include a trip to Dinosaur Bar-B-Que. I'd eaten here once before, while on a business trip in 2011, and it was pretty damn amazing back then. A complete lack of parking anywhere near the place told me that hadn't changed. My buddy Jon and I found a parking garage and made the trek to the restaurant.


Biker friendly BBQ...
Jon and I both opted for the brisket plate, complete with baked beans, cole slaw and cornbread. Ridiculously good...



It was early Saturday when Mike and I found ourselves heading over to the Rock Shrimp Company, formerly Nola's BBQ. There would be no shrimp or BBQ served here this morning. Instead, there would be only coffee and donuts for the cast of ridiculously talented musicians who were here to rehearse for the Rochester Music Hall of Fame inductions.


Nola's...
It was amazing to see and hear such a gathering of some of the finest musicians you're likely to find anywhere. Their rehearsal sounded better than the performances of most bands you'll find.















We left rehearsals around 1:30pm. There was another event of note which was taking place later in the day and we needed to get to it...

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Final Hours...

The final hours in Seattle were fun, low voltage and relaxing. Jess and I have learned not to plan minute by minute and having everything la...