Friday, January 18, 2013

An Addendum...

Every once in a while, I get a real kick out of people.

In my previous entry, I posted a photo of a gentleman named Tom Holloway. He's the carpenter at Fort Vancouver National Historic Site. In the photo, he's holding up a big chunk of Maple that he hoped to fashion into a potato masher, and he hoped to fashion it as they would've done in the 1800's.

Here's the photo:

Carpenter Tom Holloway...

Well, Wednesday night, Tom sent me an updated photo, in which he's clutching the potato masher he made in his circa 1860 carpenter shop. I think it's pretty cool:

Tom Holloway and his "made-it-by-hand-'cause-I-ain't-got-no-'lectricity" potato masher...


I think that's kinda' cool. Had I made it, like everything else I ever tried to make in shop class, it would've ended up as an ashtray.

I wanna' say "THANKS!" to Tom for sharing some of what he is so clearly passionate about, and for helping to contribute to the blog. Honestly, it's a first, and I really appreciate it.

If you ever find yourself at Fort Vancouver, pop in and tell him I said hi...









No comments:

Post a Comment

The Final Hours...

The final hours in Seattle were fun, low voltage and relaxing. Jess and I have learned not to plan minute by minute and having everything la...