Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Head West...

Well, since my last trip took me to the east, I figured this trip should take me to the west. So, I packed up the explorer with photo gear and a bag of clothes, and hit the road. My destination? The Oregon coast.

I originally planned on staying in Rockaway Beach, but opted for the swanky confines of the Econo-Lodge in beautiful downtown Garibaldi, Oregon. I figured this would be a good central point for heading up and down the coast. I loaded up the truck and hit the road.

The drive didn't take all too long although, as you might suspect, it took me a Hell of a lot longer than it would've taken any normal, non-photographer guy. I stopped here and there along the way to get some shots, but I had to contend with the weather the entire way. It began snowing at one point and, while it certainly looked beautiful, there were no turn outs to pull into and, even if there were, I'm not sure I would've. Portions of the drive were pretty "white knuckle".

But, be that as it may, I did actually manage to get some shots.

And, yeah, I went heavy on the HDR. You know why? Yeah, me neither. I just did:
Just north of downtown Garibaldi, Oregon...

And it was right here where I became infinitely happy that I spent the money on the Vasque shoes...

Non-descript rocks and logs...

A fishing boat in Garibaldi...

Just north of Garibaldi...

The Garibaldi fishing pier...

Boats in the harbor in Garibaldi...

The beach...

Oh, yes, you read that correctly. Crab races. And don't say you didn't have enough head's up...

I didn't venture too far from Garibaldi, simply because the weather wasn't cooperating, and I'd already had a long day. My second day here promised to enjoy better weather, so I kept my shooting to a minimum and decided to get a full day in on Day 2...










No comments:

Post a Comment

The Final Hours...

The final hours in Seattle were fun, low voltage and relaxing. Jess and I have learned not to plan minute by minute and having everything la...