Thursday, June 2, 2011

You'd Think I'd Learn...

I travelled a lot in May.

I'm on a first name basis with the folks at the Aviator Club in Denver and the Molson Grill in Toronto.

My stack of travel receipts is gettin' kinda' high.

But, travelling is what I do, so I guess I shouldn't complain.

This weekend, though, will be a little different. The vast majority of my travel is because of my day job. Every so often, though, I get to travel for me. "Me" likes travel. "Me" travels well. "Me" doesn't know the wait staff in any airport lounge.

"Me" digs travel. In January, "Me" went to Daytona in January, and "Me" went to Long Beach in April; both trips to shoot racing. "Me" is trying to work out a trip to Mosport Park in Ontario, Canada, to do some shooting there, too.

This weekend, I'm headed to Texas; Austin, to be exact. I've been hired, for an album cover shoot, by a guy out of Houston. I've had photos on covers before (sort of a montage deal with other photos by other photographers), and I've had photos in liner notes before, but this will be the first time I've been hired to do the whole shebang. I'm kind of excited and mildly apprehensive. I figure to shoot several hundred shots over two days, and maybe five or six of them are going to be used. That's cool with me.

I've never been to Austin, but I've heard a lot about it. There's no shortage of live music there, which is a good thing, I figure to hear a lot of music, enjoy some cold frosties, and do a lot of shooting.

The downside, I think, is gonna' be the weather. As I type this, it's 80 degrees in Austin. It's midnight in Austin. It should only be 80 degrees at midnight in, I dunno', Vegas. I don't mind the heat in Vegas. I like it when it's hot in Vegas.

But I'm not going to Vegas.

I'm going to Austin.

The other thing to contend with is going to be the humidity. Vegas doesn't get any real humidity. Hell, San Diego doesn't get much, either. Austin? Oh, believe it. I'm really not looking forward to it, and I know I'm not ready for it. It's gonna' be so humid it'll be like breathing gravy. I've never actually had to breath gravy, but I gotta' think it would suck.

But, like I said, Austin has never before had the opportunity to enjoy my company, so away I go.

I'm just hopin' that "Me" can find a way to stay cool...

1 comment:

The Final Hours...

The final hours in Seattle were fun, low voltage and relaxing. Jess and I have learned not to plan minute by minute and having everything la...