Thursday, December 30, 2010

Down Time...

We've had some down-time from gigs for the last two days, which was good, as it gave us time to do other things.

Now, when I come up here, if nothing else, I know I'm going to eat well. There are plenty of great restaurants in the East Bay, and we always seem to find at least one. Now, anyone who knows me is aware that I'm a big breakfast fan. Gimme' a good breakfast, and that can hold me until the late hours of the evening. Yesterday, Chris and I went to this little cash-only joint in Lafayette known as Millie's. They open at 5:00am and close at 2:30pm, so it's not a dinner place. Breakfast and lunch are their specialties. The place is a real hole-in-the-wall and, if you blink, you'll miss it as you drive by. Of course, you could always just look for the line of people standing outside waiting for a table. We rolled up at 10:15am, and there were about a dozen people in line. I'm glad we waited:


The line outside Millie's in Lafayette, California...

Breakfast didn't disappoint. It wasn't cheap, but it was damn good, and the pancakes were just ridiculous. Easily some of the best I've ever had.


This breakfast was crazy tasty...

After breakfast, we went back to Chris' to hang out for a littl while before he had to take his folks to the airport. While he did that, I went shopping up in Pleasant Hill. I really didn't want to make the ride to San Francisco Int'l.

On his was back to the house, Chris stopped and picked up the fixin's for dinner. Chris is Hell On Wheels in the kitchen, and he would prove it. Not sure what the dish was actually called, but it was noodles and veal and it was really, really good. I'm not normally a veal fan, but I could've done seconds. Here's a shot of Chef Chris flexing his culinary muscle in the kitchen:


And not a fire extinguisher to be found...

So, after two days of not being musicians, we're back at it tonight, with a gig at Maria Maria, which is a restaurant that Carlos Santana has an interest in. It's a nice 7-10PM gig, so it won't be a late night, which is good, because we've had a few of those already.

Guess I should tune my guitars...

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Final Hours...

The final hours in Seattle were fun, low voltage and relaxing. Jess and I have learned not to plan minute by minute and having everything la...