Thursday, May 11, 2017

Junkyard Fieldtrip...

Following the Hall of Fame rehearsals, we had to get back to Mike's house to get ready for the CD release for his band's new album, taking place at Record Archive in Rochester. Junkyard Fieldtrip is Mike Gladstone (guitar, vocals), Rob Smith (guitar, vocals), Don Torpy (bass guitar) and Emmett Ientilucci (drums, percussion, vocals).

Mike had sent me a pre-mastered version of the CD which made its way into regular rotation in my car stereo. Once I got to Mike's house, though, he sat me down in his studio and had me listen to the entire mastered disc, and I was pretty blown away. I knew it would be a hit at the release party. Mike was expecting somewhere in the neighborhood of 200 people. If I were to guess, there may have been half again as many people once the band started playing.

The band Woody Dodge, which includes my buddy Jon Gary on bass (Mike Gladstone's an alumni, as well) opened the show and, although the room was already crowded, people continued to stream in during their set.


Woody Dodge
 



Not long after Woody Dodge wrapped their set, "JYFT" was on stage and ready to go.



The record store, Record Archive, has its own performance venue and bar...


Emmett Ientilucci

Don Torpy




Featured sideman Michael Edwards...
Rob Smith

 



 

Mike Gladstone
The event was an unqualified success, and that was great to see. Countless people stayed after the show to talk to the band or to have them sign a CD (of which many were sold that night). If you're at all interested, you can get the CD on Amazon. Pretty sure you can get it at Reverb Nation, as well.




No comments:

Post a Comment

The Final Hours...

The final hours in Seattle were fun, low voltage and relaxing. Jess and I have learned not to plan minute by minute and having everything la...