Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Maryland...

My final stop on this trip would end up being Frederick, Maryland. I'd be spending a couple of days with my buddy Mark and his family.

The drive from Long Island started out pretty good. There wasn't a great deal of traffic on the Long Island Expressway until I was close to the city. Now, I have to believe there was an easier way, but my Garmin GPS, for whatever reason, decided I needed to go through the Midtown Tunnel which, unfortunately, meant that I got to drive through the city to get to it.


Driving into the greatest city in the world...

Now, it could've been a quicker drive, but two things played a major role in slowing my progress into New Jersey and points south. First, there's ever-present construction. GPS will take you to make a left, the road will be closed and you'll have to take a detour. Unfortunately, many of the construction detours are poorly marked and GPS doesn't take detours into account.

What a fun time.

The other thing that impacted the drive through the city was the fact that President Trump was attending an event on board the Intrepid, so cops were everywhere. Somehow, I managed to get to the tunnel and move along my way:



The rest of the drive was great. Mark recommended a different route, once I'd gotten into New Jersey, than the one I'd originally planned and, to be honest, it was a lot nicer.

This leg of the trip was pretty much all relaxation, although I did meet some folks that I shoot for out of Hunt Valley, Maryland. We talked some business, threw back a few beers and just enjoyed hanging out.

Sunday would have me back on the road to Florida, and I was certainly ready. I love traveling, but I also love getting home, too...

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

The Final Hours...

The final hours in Seattle were fun, low voltage and relaxing. Jess and I have learned not to plan minute by minute and having everything la...