Wednesday, September 19, 2012

It's All About The Food...

Okay, so let's call a spade a spade here. I like food. I like food a lot. To me, a well executed meal is as much a work of artistic expression as a sculpture or a fine oil painting. Now, to be honest, my waistline has paid the price for my attraction to food but, hey, I quit smoking eight months ago, so I'm not about to feel bad for treating myself.
 
I've also noticed that food really does taste much, much better.
 
I spent the last month in Florida, and I enjoyed some rather amazing food and drink during that time. And, being a photographer, all of what follows here should all come as no great surprise:
 
Dinner at The Columbia. Amazing...

Even if it's gnarly, it's gotta' be good, right?

Fish tacos at Beaches, at Vilano Beach...

Creme Brulee. It's my one dessert Achilles Heel...

Mmmmmmmmmm... You betcha'...

Mom's stuffed peppers and rice...


Saw these in a Publix grocery store. We didn't have them, but it reminded me of a
restaurant I liked, for breakfast, in Buffalo...


Mom swears up and down that this is really guacamole...

I really love my Mom, but, come one... Guacamole in a tube? I think not...

Mom's breakfast sandwich. Probably the best meal I had all month...

I didn't buy this or drink it, but the name made me laugh...

You can never go wrong with Bass...

This was a local brew on tap at the St. Augustine American Legion. Quite tasty...

A Bloody Mary at Corky Bell's. It was good, but I think a dab of Guinness in the bottom would've helped this out...

I love shrimp, and I love bacon. I never thought of combining the two. Kudos to whoever did at Corky Bell's...

Shrimp at my brother's girlfriend's house. Sooooooo good...

 
There was, of course, so much more than what's shown in these pictures. In all honesty, I could've written a book pamphlet about all the amazingly tasty grub I enjoyed over the last month. Frankly, I think that, whatever you do, if you do it with a good meal, everything is gonna' be just a little bit better...












 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Final Hours...

The final hours in Seattle were fun, low voltage and relaxing. Jess and I have learned not to plan minute by minute and having everything la...