Sunday, May 17, 2020

Covid Road Trip - Day 1...

As you'd expect, the first day of the trip (of any trip, really) was pretty uneventful. It took me about six hours to get to my buddy Dan's house, and I was a bit beat when I got here. Even still, this is a trip I always love making. After all, this is a setting that isn't difficult to get used to:


Dan's backyard in Navarre, right on Pensacola Bay...

The most eventful thing of the evening was dinner. Dan's been wanting to bring me to Johnny Huston's for the last few visits, and we finally made it.





I got the "50/50" which was, quite possibly, the best burger I've ever had. It was a 10 ounce patty of half ground beef, half pulled pork and diced bacon topped with cheddar cheese & spicy bbq sauce. It was insane. It was one of those burgers that, once you pick it up, you never put it down.


The "50/50", which comes with bottomless fries...

The bun was so inadequately small it was almost comical. There was just no way to hold the burger without the patty getting pressed against the palm of my hand. But, damn, it was good. But, as much as I enjoyed this burger, I couldn't finish it. Koa, Dan's Siberian Husky, was the beneficiary.

Tomorrow will find me back on the road, headed for Memphis, Tennessee...





No comments:

Post a Comment

The Final Hours...

The final hours in Seattle were fun, low voltage and relaxing. Jess and I have learned not to plan minute by minute and having everything la...