Monday, June 11, 2012

Beef... It's What's For Dinner...

So, in keeping with the whole food motif, we move on to dinner.

As I've mentioned from time to time here, my buddy Chris is a pretty amazing cook. I might even go so far as to call him a chef, although I'm not entirely certain what the criteria is to be called either. Regardless, we opted for some bone-in rib eye steaks.

Chris does nothing easy. It would be easy, for example, to simply buy croutons for the Caesar salad he was making. However, that, you see, would never do. Instead, he makes his own. He cuts up bread and grinds down garlic and fries up his own croutons, and they can only be classified as "candy":









So, the salad was taken care of. Bourdain would've been proud. This was the first time I'd ever seen anyone actually make croutons but, I can tell you this, it's the only way to go.

Next were the steaks. We stopped on the way back to the ranch and picked up some HUGE rib eyes. They remind me of that old adage "Never eat anything bigger than your head". These were big.

And tasty.

Seasoned up nicely...

And perfectly prepared...

So, with a satisfied appetite, it was time to call it a night. Thursday would prove to be a long day, and the rest would prove to be a good thing...

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Final Hours...

The final hours in Seattle were fun, low voltage and relaxing. Jess and I have learned not to plan minute by minute and having everything la...