Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Playing Catch Up...

As I sit here in the Aviator Club at Denver International, it dawns on me that I've been mildly remiss is updating this with regards to my recent travels. What the last one we had? Old Fort Niagara?

Very well, then.

I had to go up to Toronto for a week and wrap up some final business with some accounts up there. I'll tell ya', trying to keep up with two territories ha been mildly trying, but I knew that would be the deal when I told my boss that I wanted the northeast. Even still, though, it's been a lot of travel.

After finishing up in New York, I made the drive north. The drive to Toronto is a relatively short one; maybe two hours or so. I found my way to the border and crossed into Canada:

The US-Canadian border...
Approaching the border...
It was Monday; Halloween, and I would be picking my buddy Michael Lille up at Toronto Airport. Michael is also the guy who'll be taking over Canada from me.

I made my way to Toronto, collected Mike at the airport, and we headed off to our hotel.

The next day, we had a show in Newmarket, Ontario. I was excited to have Mike as my travelling partner. Mike is a ridiculously good guitarist, having opened up for people like Warren Zevon and Bob Dylan. Also, people like Victor Wooten and Alison Kraus have played on his albums. In short, Mike's the real deal:

Michael Lille...
The next day, we took a drive out to the little town of Listowel, which has a population of about 5,000. On the drive out there, we found ourselves passing through Mennonite country. While I don't know a great deal about them,, I assume they're much like the Amish in many respects. For one thing, I know they like their horses and buggies:

Mennonites near Listowel, Ontario...
This is also "farm country", and some of these farms are pretty big by back-woods Ontario standards:

Farms near Listowel, Ontario...
Horses on a farm near Listowel...
.
After our week was done, Mike flew out of Toronto, but I had to drive back to New York. I decided to make a return visit to Niagara Falls, as the weather was far better than it was the first time I'd stopped there during this trip.

I won't revisit all of the amazing stats about Niagara Falls, I'll just share some pictures:




Niagara Falls...
I made my way back south, and settled into my hotel. This marked the end of my last extended trip to Canada and, to be honest, I think I'm gonna' miss it...

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Final Hours...

The final hours in Seattle were fun, low voltage and relaxing. Jess and I have learned not to plan minute by minute and having everything la...